Microsoft Reader Installation
If you do not have MS Reader you
download your FREE copy here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT
You do not have activate your
copy of MS Reader to read our free books. MS Reader allows you to read
both free books and books you can purchase. There are thousands of Books you can
buy and read for less than the cost of a hard copy. To keep people from
stealing commercial books, MS Reader requires that you ACTIVATE the reader
before BUYING books. You do not have to activate
unless you want to buy books in the future. There are several
additional steps to go through if you activate. It is your choice to
activate now, later or not at all. One final step in the installation asks
if you want to ACTIVATE. you can simply decline at that point and you are
ready to read our books.
Congratulations: you are
about 4 minutes away from reading our books.
Simple download and install instructions:
- Click the link above to start the download
- When the download window pops up click RUN (you don't
- The download takes a couple of minutes
- An Internet Explorer Security window will pop up
next. Click RUN (Don't worry it is safe)
- The Microsoft reader Setup Window will appear next
- The License Agreement window is next Click YES
- The Destination Folder window will pop up Click NEXT
- IMPORTANT: The next screen asks you if you
want to activate your copy. To finish installing WITHOUT activating you
reader simply UNCHECK the box that says ACTIVATE MY COMPUTER NOW.
(This is your choice; if you do want to activate it will
take a few minutes and a few more steps. The steps are similar to the
ones above where you will be led through some screens. If you have a
.NET passport it is relatively easy, if not you have to sign up for a free
.NET Passport as part of the process. The .NET Passport identifies you
with the Microsoft network. You can activate your reader at any time in
the future from the Reader interface.)
- You may also choose to place a Reader Shortcut Icon
on your desktop. Check or uncheck the box.
- Click FINISH
- The system will suggest AGAIN that you activate your
reader (again say no if you don't want to)
To Read an E-Book
- Once installed you simply click on a E-Book to
download and read it. Once downloaded your E-Book goes into your library
on your hard drive and is available at any time without being online. It
does not have to be downloaded again.